I apologize for this delayed review which was supposed to be up on Thursday. I was occupied with school work and lots of it. But I overall hope to keep up with posting despite my already busy schedule for second year uni.
*** DISCLAIMER: My review of this product only reflects my personal thoughts and opinions and by no means am I talking on behalf of other users of this product.
For my 20th birthday, my cousin got me 2 Benefit Cosmetics beauty kits. The They’re Real! Sexy on the Run kit (<—- click to read, if you haven’t seen the review) and the Life’s Little Correctors Color Correcting kit. She heard a lot of good things about these two kits and decided to get me both to try and use. I was particularly excited for this kit mainly because I’ve been on the hunt for a good concealer.
Like always, Benefit knows how to attract and appeal their consumers with fun themed packaging. But what always appeals to me are the “tips” they include in every packages/kits. It’s just nice to have a tip or two on how to apply.
Inside the kit, you’ll find 3 cases of 4 different color correcting products (2 of which comes in two different shades, that’s why there are 6 products all in all).
– Concealer 1: Boi-ing industrial strength concealer in Light
– Concealer 2: Boi-ing industrial strength concealer in Light/Medium
– Under Eye Concealer: Erase paste brightening concealer in Medium
– Eye bright instant eye brightener
– Lemon aid color correcting eyelid primer (2)
Boi-ing Concealer in Light (01)
So from this kit, I used the Boi-ing Concealer in light, (I should’ve used the medium one) which was okay. Even though it was in light, I was still able to blend it in quite well but it wasn’t enough to really conceal the discoloration on my nose (I had to put quite a bit on to cover up discoloration on my nose). I was hoping it would work better, but according to other reviews, It didn’t do enough justice.
I was a bit more impressed with this one. The Erase Paste was great in concealing the dark circles around my eyes.
Really brightens up the eyes in a subtle way. Worked really great for me and made my eyes look more awake and enhanced.
This primer worked great in brightening up my eyes however, I noticed some smudging but it was very minimal. Overall, I think it was an okay primer.
All in all (Pros and Cons)
- Blends in well with any type of skin tone
- Pretty long lasting wear (I was only able to try all four products for 5 hours and my face still looked bright and all products still in tact *a little bit of creasing but not obvious)
- Nice creamy texture
- Too much product will result to cakeyness (I suggest to put minimal amounts to avoid this)
- You have to have patience with blending, otherwise you wouldn’t enjoy these products at all
- A bit of creasing
- Dabbing is a bit of a problem with these products if you are not patient enough. You might end up having to rub on (which is not recommended) if you are in a hurry.
Overall, I give this kit a 3.5 out of 5. But I’ll definitely keep using the Eye Bright and Erase Paste in the future.
I hope this review helped! Stay tuned for more!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @riajosellee